TERMS OF SERVICE
APEX COATINGS PAINT PROTECTION WARRANTY
Apex Coatings warrants that with the proper application of Always Dry & System X Paint Protection by an Apex Coatings approved installer, your vehicle’s paint finish will remain protected against:
- Loss of gloss
- UV Damage
- Bug impacts
- Color fading
- Acid rain
- Paint chalking
If any treated paint is shown to be adversely affected from exposure to these conditions or through normal use, as evidenced by a visible loss of paint gloss or intractable stain, and providing that all of the terms of this warranty have been met, then such conditions will be remedied free of charge by Apex Coatings and / or its authorized installers, who reserve the right to attempt repairs through professional surface reconditioning / polishing before repainting the damaged area.
APPLICABLE VEHICLES AND PERIOD OF COVERAGE –
Coverage terms up to 7 years, eligibility varies by Model Year when annual service requirements are met. (See: Annual Inspection). Failure to undertake an annual service will irreversibly terminate the warranty.
- System X Diamond
- Model Year
- New Cars Only – 7 Year WARRANTY
- 1 Year Old or Older – 5 Year Warranty
- System X Pro
- Model Year
- 1 Year Old – 5 Year Warranty
- 1 Year Old or Older – 4 Year Warranty
- ALWAYS DRY 9H-LDC PRO
- New Cars Only – 7 Year Warranty
- 1 Year and Older- 5 Year Warranty
GENERAL CONDITIONS –
- 1. Warranty coverage is only valid if the Approved Applicator has issued a Warranty Card that has Dated, Signed & Stamped
- 2. The vehicle must remain registered, for the entire duration of the warranty, for legal non-commercial road use.
- 3. Only vehicles registered as passenger vehicles will be warranted. Commercial vehicles of any kind will not be covered.
- 4. Vehicles over 3 months old are required to have a machine polishing carried out by an approved applicator prior to application. Newer vehicles may also require a machine polish if advised by the approved applicator.
- 5. Warranty is registered in the name of the vehicle owner and cannot be transferred.
- 6. Should a product reapplication be required (e.g. vehicle accident) you or your insurer are liable for a reapplication fee, determined by the approved applicator.
- 7. The vehicle exterior paintwork must be maintained and washed regularly, to Apex Coatings recommendations, to prevent contamination build up (bi-weekly). After washing insure that no water is left to dry on the coated surface, particularly within the first two (2) weeks after installation. In the event that your vehicle is exposed to high mineral-content water (“hard” or “soft” water) like that from some automated car washes, sprinkler systems or tap water in some areas, then all coated areas need to be dried as soon as possible with a microfiber cloth. Any water that is left to dry may form visible ringlets, which should be wiped off with vinegar until the mineral deposit is removed, as soon as possible.
- 1. Where the owner has deemed to have been careless, negligent or failed to maintain the exterior painted surface in the correct manner.
- 2. Pre-existing damage to the painted surface or any other treated part of substandard specification, materials or workmanship by vehicle manufacturer, their dealership, third-party supplier or modifier, or professional detailers not authorized by Apex Coatings.
- 3. Damage to the coated surface by incorrect manual wash techniques, automatic car washes, brushes or contaminated wash tools that may cause abrasion, or damage caused by a third party not authorized by Apex Coatings.
- 4. Swirl marks, marring, scratches, scuffs, scrapes, chips to the painted surface.
- 5. Water spots – Water spots are caused by hard water (mineral deposits), which when left to dry on the paint may leave a stain, water spotting is not covered.
- 6. Failed Clear Coat – Peeling, Hazing and Fading or any claim for matters which are covered by vehicle manufacturers’ warranty.
- 7. Damage caused by collision, accidental damage, vandalism, malicious damage, fire, hail, flood, stones, collision, surface rust, rail dust, physical damage, paint overspray, water etch or vehicle manufacturer’ defects, or defects which may be covered under a manufacturers or dealerships protection plan.
- 8. Areas that have not been retreated after a paint repair.
- 9. Any loss of time or use of the vehicle while it undergoes inspections or treatments.
ANNUAL INSPECTIONS –
- 1. Annual Inspections must be carried out by an approved applicator, within 30 days before or after the anniversary date of the last service to maintain the warranty.
- 2. Failure to undertake an annual inspection within the required period will void the warranty.
- 3. A fee determined by the approved applicator will be charged for the Annual Inspection, which includes – Exterior Wash, Decontamination, Gloss Renewal and Inspection.
- 4. Annual inspections must be recorded, dated, signed and have the approved applicators stamp on the warranty card, failure of this will void any warranty.
LIMIT OF LIABILITY (CLAIMS) –
- 1. Damage that may be covered under this warranty must be made aware to an approved applicator within 30 days, failure to comply will result in the warranty being terminated.
- 2. Claim determination is at the sole discretion of Apex Coatings, either approving the repair / retreatment by an approved applicator or refunding the application cost to the vehicle owner at a maximum of 5000kr and terminating the warranty, whichever is less.
- 3. Email reminders for annual inspections are a courtesy and not receiving one is not an acceptable reason for missing your inspection.
Approved Applicator – An independently owned and operated business / company that has been approved by Apex Coatings or authorized distributor to apply Apex Coatings products.
To make a claim contact Apex Coatings or your local distributor.